Senior Software Engineer
Company: Coalface Capital Ltd
Location: Dublin south
Salary: Up to 75k
We founded CoalFace in 2015 with a mission is to create value for our customers and investors by monetising data. We have been recognised by Enterprise Ireland as a High Potential Startup in the Fintech market and are fully authorised by the FCA for Investment Management, through our UK subsidiary, CoalFace UK.
We are a small team of highly skilled professionals, with experience in Financial Markets, Technology and Asset Management. We also partner with the best in the market, First Derivatives and CeADAR, for research, product development and deployment.
We use a combination of algorithmic and AI-based approaches to data monetisation and have achieved excellent results to-date. We are growing our team with the addition of appropriately skilled and motivated software engineers.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
● Minimum of 5 years’ professional software development experience
● A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
● Java development skills
● Database and SQL experience
● Comfortable with Linux
● Proven application design and systems architecture experience
● Experience working with 3rd party system integrations e.g. through web APIs etc.
● Experience in an agile software development environment with configuration management and software development tools such as Git and JIRA
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
● Python development skills would be very advantageous
● Dev/Ops experience would be advantageous
● Experience in the financial services market would be advantageous
● Some experience with Kx Systems, Kdb and Q would be advantageous
● Competence - Apart from requiring a broad experience profile, the successful candidate will demonstrate an appetite for continuous learning and development.
● Dependability - The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate previous responsibilities and achievements.
● Ambition – This is a key role in a high-potential startup business. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ambition to develop with the business.
● Passion - The successful candidate will have an inquisitive mind, a passion for continuous improvement and desire to solve the toughest software challenges.
● Discretion – Given the nature of CoalFace’s business, the successful candidate will demonstrate discretion and maturity, and an awareness of the need for confidentiality.
Experience required: 5 years
Education Level : Degree