Company: Yapstone International Limited
At Yapstone, we approach payments with the same startup mentality that we had when we launched our first payment solution in 1999. We are now focused on combining our entrepreneurial spirit with our immense payment expertise to take our company and our partners to the forefront of innovation. As one of the leading payment companies, Yapstone is continually searching for passionate thinkers to join us in changing how the world pays.
The role of Sr Software Engineer for Core Services is to design, develop, and release innovative foundational Java service capabilities and services that will be the building blocks of Yapstone’s technology solutions. This is a high impact role with the opportunity to make significant contributions to the time to market, scalability, performance, and maintainability of leading-edge digital payments platform services.
Position duties and responsibilities
- Significant contributor in the design, development and implementation of changes to the core of our Java frameworks and services.
- Collaborate on key design and implementation considerations
- Prototype and evaluate possible technology selections
- Contribute to the quality and maintenance of the code base through code reviews and unit testing
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and client issues
- Demonstrate best software engineering practices across design, build, and test
- Providing prompt and appropriate project, vendor, and client reporting information to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Undertaking professional development to maintain skills and knowledge in areas of technical expertise.
Qualifications and experience
- 4-8 years of relevant technical experience.
- Solid engineering experience and proven track record in enterprise, high performance, large scale service and frameworks
- Thought leader, innovator, and hands-on contributor, known for solving difficult software engineering problems
- Experience with Kafka, ELK, and/or Micro-services is a plus
- Knowledge of multi-tenant, scalable, secure, and performant systems
- Excellent Java coding skills
- Experience in high transactional processes and/or highly available systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Changing how the world pays is a mission that inspires us daily. It gets us up in the morning and keeps us up at night. And just in case we need an extra dose of inspiration during the day, our team can take in the stellar view from our Drogheda office or visit the Yappucino Café to choose from a large selection of snacks. From comprehensive health insurance to gym memberships, you’ll find plenty of benefits and perks that reflect our appreciation for all of the thinking and doing that goes on at Yapstone.
Yapstone is a provider of online and mobile payment solutions for global marketplaces, software, and large vertical markets, powering electronic payments for sharing economy marketplaces, such as HomeAway® and VRBO®, and thousands of apartment and vacation rental companies, homeowners' associations, self-storage companies, and many other markets.
Yapstone processes over $20B in payment volume annually and has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for ten consecutive years, as well as San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Company to Work For by the National Association for Business Resources.
The company has raised over $120 million from investors including Premji Invest, Accel Partners, Meritech Capital and MasterCard. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Yapstone has additional offices in Santa Monica, California and Ireland.
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
Experience required: 5 years
Education Level : Degree